Going to Bondi Beach (specifically, seeing Bondi Icebergs) was on my mini Sydney Bucket list hence why I was so adamant on making this trip down to Bondi happen. I went over to Bondi on a Wednesday, just after a day we arrived in Sydney. The weather was glorious! Pretty sure it was one of the best weather conditions out of the 9 days that I was there, perfect for a day down to the beach. Cool crisp air, fairly strong winds and the glistening sun shining down upon us.
My interest and amusement of Bondi Beach sparked off solely because of watching tons of Bondi Rescue and my love for beaches. But more so were the tons of pictures I saw online of not only the beach but Bondi Icebergs, the ever so famous pool by the beach.
I highly recommend anyone visiting Sydney to head down to Bondi Beach. A half-day trip is more than enough and it is highly accessible. I suggest taking a train down to bondi junction station then taking the bus down to the beach itself. It took me about 50 minutes altogether from the city to the beach itself so give yourself ample travelling time.
- I took my train from Central station.
- The stations in order are Central, Town Hall, Martin Place, Kings Cross, Edgecliff and Bondi Junction.
- Bondi Junction is the station where you should come off to
- The train ride takes 11 minutes from Town Hall to Bondi Junction.
- Then hop onto bus 380, 381, 382 or 333 bus for a 15 minute ride to the beach.
- I stopped at the bus stop along Campbell Pde near Francis St which is closest to the Bondi Icebergs.
Have a great time by the beach! There are many cafes/eateries around if you feel peckish, check out this page for the best cafes in Bondi!